The steps required to setup IMAP/POP in older versions of Outlook may be similar to the steps provided below. If details should vary, please visit Microsoft for more information or contact your help desk for support.
Before starting make sure that you have the following information:
- Set up your email account in EasyMail Setup.
- email username
- email password
- Incoming/Outgoing mail server (see Preferences > POP/IMAP in Webmail)
- Incoming mail PORT (for IMAP SSL connections usually 993 or 995 for POP with SSL)
- Outgoing mail PORT (for SSL connections usually 465 or 587)
- SSL instructions for both incoming and outgoing
To add an IMAP or POP3 account to outlook 2016, follow these simple steps:
- Open Outlook and click File (top left corner).
- On the Info section select Account Settings > Account Settings.
- On the Account Settings window, click on New.
- Enter your email address and click on Advanced Options, check "Let me setup my account manually".
- Select either POP or IMAP (in this example we selected IMAP)
- Fill the fields with the proper information
- Incoming mail server: (check Webmail Preferences > POP/IMAP)
- Incoming mail PORT (usually 993 IMAP, 995 POP3 when using SSL or without SSL 143 for IMAP and 110 for POP3).
- Encryption Method, if you have a server that allows secure connections (SSL) turn this option on.
- Outgoing mail server, the outgoing server will not require authentication and uses port 25.
- Outgoing mail PORT: usually 465 for secure connections with SSL or 587 or 26 without SSL, by default, the outgoing port is 25 but this is most of the times dedicated to the ISP.
- Encryption Method: if you have a server that allows secure connections (SSL) turn this option on.
- Unless indicated by your mail-server provider, do not select the option that says "Require logon using SPA".
- Enter the password for your email and click Connect.
Note: If you are still having problems setting up your email account check your username and password again to ensure they were entered correctly.