- On the Contacts View list, select More
- From the drop-down select Import
- Select an "Address Book" from the dropdown menu. This address book will be the one that you will import the contacts into.
- Next, select Format of File.
- If you are not importing contacts from a CSV file that you exported from another email client, select Custom.
- Choose the character set, in most cases it will be Unicode UTF-8, but there are several other languages to choose from. Depending on your language/locale, choose the character set that best fits.
- Click Upload to locate the file that you want to import.
Note: the file should be in CSV format. This means that when you are saving a contact list in Microsoft Excel, you should save it as a ".CSV" file. More information on how to create a .CSV file with contacts here.
- Select Next.
- Verify the information and select Next. (Fields are what you put in the columns and rows on your .csv file such as first name, last name, email, etc)
- Next, you will map the fields with an "Address Book Field". Be sure to accurately select the fields that match those in your .CSV file.
- Finally, select Import.
You will find your imported contacts in the Address Book you selected them to be imported into.