There are different types of address books. You can create your own, subscribe to other books, or create groups.
- Groups are used to sort and manage your contacts for easy reference. You can create groups for contacts such as friends, coworkers, family, etc.
- Address Books are used to create email lists, which can be shared across the domain. Once a contact list is shared, others can subscribe and view the contents of your shared list.
How to create a new address book:
- Select the Add icon.
- Select Save.
- Once the address book has been saved, it will appear under the Address Books dropdown. Click on the title to edit sharing and permissions.
Shared Address Books are email lists that you have created and made public. Once an address book is made public, others can subscribe and view the details of the list.
- To share your address book, click the dropdown under Share with All Domain Users to choose from a list of options.
- You can also share with specific users as well as assign each user-specific permissions
This feature can be toggled on or off when editing a contact. You cannot remove a shared contact that has not been added by you.