You have the option to choose from a previously existing email list, add the recipient(s) manually or import from a file.
If you have already created an email list group, you will have the option to select it here. If you have not created a list yet, you can create one using these options.
- Go to the Contacts section and select, “create new list”.
- Give your list a name and check the box to confirm whether you want to allow people to sign up for the list
- Select, “next”
Quick Add Contacts
In the Contacts section you'll notice a form to "Quickly Add Contacts" where you can type in the contact name and email address and add it to one of your exist lists.
You have the option to add new names and contacts one by one.
To add multiple email addresses, select the Multiple Emails tab, choose the list you want to add the emails to and select "save".
Add Contacts Manually
- To add the recipients manually, select “add manually”
- Type in the email addresses one by one, and hit space to start typing the next address
Note: If you accidentally type in the same email twice, you will be notified of the error and the email will not be added
- Once you're finished adding the recipients, give the list a name and select "save list" to use it again in the future or add the new contacts to an existing list
Import from File
- Enter a list name and select “next” or choose a list to add the new contacts to
- On the Add Contacts screen, select “upload file” and choose an attachment from your computer with the names, email addresses of the recipients, and any other custom fields you want to add.
Note: the file format has to be .txt, .csv, .xls, or .xlsx format – csv is recommended
- You will be taken to a page where you can map your contacts, there are pre-set mapping categories (i.e. name, email address) but you also have the option to create your own
Note: The email address field is required to proceed
- Select, "import" to complete this action. Depending on the size of the list, it may take some time to process all of the contacts in your file
- Once this is complete, you can save the list
Mapping fields in your email will allow you to send personalized and engaging emails. If you have already prepared a file with fields mapped, the tool will ask you to confirm them in the mapping section. You can also choose fields in advance or set custom fields.
Import from Email
If you have an existing contact list in your email, you can import it to the tool. Email providers supported currently are Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL and Contstant Contact.
Timing Your Campaign
You have the option to send your email right away or schedule it for a later date and time.