The Appointment Scheduler application allows your site visitors to conveniently book appointments 24/7 directly from your website. They will be able to select the service they would like to receive and book an available day and time. Once they submit their contact information the appointment slot is considered booked.
Use the Manage Appointments interface to Edit, Accept and Reject appointment requests.
You may enable the application for your site, as any other application, via the Left menu. Once enabled, you can drag-and-drop it at a desirable place on any page.
Once placed on a page, the right menu to configure the app, will automatically open. You have to select one active service before saving or closing the window. To access sections such as Setup click on its icon.
The Setup tab allows configuring your Book Online Now button, which will be visible for the visitors of your website, prior to choosing between provided services.
- Button Alignment: Allows the option to alter the button's alignment
- Button Type: Choose one of several predefined button types, or upload a custom image.
- Caption: Define the button's text caption. (Not available for custom uploaded images)
- Icon: Select an icon to apply to the button.
The Business hours tab allows setting your working hours and will respectively affect the time periods when an appointment can be booked.
There is an additional Holidays tab, which allows setting certain days or periods of time as non-working. This will affect the calendar, where customer can book appointments, but will not impact the Show Business Hours, if this option is enabled.
The Notifications tab is where you can alter your notification settings.
- Require Confirmation: If this option is enabled, upon booking an appointment, the application will send an email request to the service provider for approval. This will require confirmation via the Manage Appointments tool. It will as well send an email to the one booking the service to await for confirmation. Upon confirmation - an additional email notification would be received.
- HIPAA compliance: Enabling this option disables any email notifications in accordance with The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. This is applicable to emails associated with confirming the appointment booking. If enabled, the Notify by Email option cannot be enabled.
- Notify by Email: If this option is disabled, no emails are being sent out to either parties. Despite this, if the Require Confirmation option is enabled, booking can be confirmed or rejected. Additionally, if this option is enabled, email notifications are sent out to both parties even when Require Confirmation has not been enabled.
- Send notification to these email addresses: In this field you can input the email address where notifications will be received by the service provider. Multiple emails can be added, but they have to be comma separated.
- Additional Info Field: If this option is enabled, prior to confirming the booking, an additional information field will be available. Depending on the needs it can be renamed via the Field Title setting below.
- Show available slots after: This setting allows you to manage the booking options for your website visitors. If empty, it will not have any impact on the available slots for booking. If for example it is set to 24, this will mean that services cannot be booked within the next 24 hours, even if there are available slots. This would come useful, if you need time to process booking confirmations.
- Limit available slots to: Setting a number of days in this field, would mark the days past the set number of days as non available for booking an appointment.
- Cancellation: This setting allows you to set the number of hours, prior to an appointment, that the appointment can be cancelled.
In the Services tab you can add and manage or edit as many services as you'd like.
Upon clicking the cogwheel icon, next to a service, the menu to edit the service will load.
- Active: This allows you to quickly enable or disable existing services.
- Service Name: The name of the service that will be available for booking on your website
- Description: This is the description of the service that will be visible below the Service Name, when booking an appointment.
- Duration: Length of time booked for the appointment. This will influence the time slots on your booking calendar.
- Price: You can set the price of the appointment. It will be visible during the booking process.
In the Staff section, you can add staff members from which visitors can choose and have appointments scheduled with.
Upon clicking the cogwheel icon, next to an already existing staff member, the menu to edit the staff settings will load.
- Name: You can input the staff member's name here. It will be visible upon booking as the next step after selecting a desired service.
- Description: This is the description of the staff member that will be visible below the staff member's name, when booking an appointment.
- Available: Via this option you can set custom business hours for each of your staff members. Otherwise, they can use the already set default business hours.
- Notify by email: This option can be useful to send notifications to the separate staff members for their personal appointments.
- Services: This option allows you to configure individual services for your staff members by selecting the checkboxes for each service performed by a staff member. Alternatively, they can have all services enabled via the Perform all services radio button.
- Vacation: Setting a vacation for a staff member would remove them as an option to book an appointment for the time of their vacation.