Any calendar that you create can be shared with other users in your domain. Users who share your domain include anyone whose email address after the "@" symbol is the same as yours. For example, if your email address is "email@example.com", then any user whose email address ends in "@calendardomain.com" is in your domain. It is also possible to restrict access (or assign special access to) individual users in your domain.
To turn a private calendar into a shared calendar:
- Click on the Calendar.
- If you want to share your calendar with everyone on your domain go to Share with Domain Users, use the dropdown menu and change Do Not Share to either Read Only, or Read, Edit, and Delete Events. Click Save.
An explanation of these settings is as follows:
- Do Not Share: This share level lets others see that you are busy during your event times. This setting is most useful for allowing meetings to be scheduled without revealing full details about all the calendars involved.
For example, say that you book a marketing meeting with Jack and Sue from 10 am to 11 am on Tuesday. Others can see that you are busy between 10 am and 11 am on Tuesday and they will be able to see the event title but will not be able to click on it.
- Read Only: This is the recommended share setting. This setting allows others to see the full details of your shared events, but they are unable to edit the events.
- Read, Edit, and Delete Events: This setting is designed for teams working on projects together and using the same calendar. With this setting, others can view the full details of your events, edit them, delete them, or create new ones.
How to share your calendar with specific users:
- If you want to create custom access settings for individual users in your domain, click on the calendar that you want to share.
- To assign a custom access level to a specific user, enter an email address, name, or group under Share with Specific Users.
- Then choose the type of permission you would like to give them between Ready Only and Read, Edit, And Delete Events.
- Click Add to add more email addresses. When done click on Save.