You can open the New Event screen through any of the calendar views or by clicking the Create a New Event icon.
The new event dialog includes the following tabs:
- Main: Here you can set the event title, time, and a recurring timeline.
- Details: Add location details, notes, agenda items, and alerts.
- Attendees: Here you can select attendees for an event. Details for any calendar conflicts are also provided.
How to create an event:
- Click the Create New Event icon. Alternatively, you can select a day from the calendar view, or you can select a day and time from the Day or Week view.
- In the new event screen, complete the following:
- Enter a title.
- Choose a start and end date using the pop-up calendar.
- Specify a start and end time by using the pop-up clock.
- If this event will span an entire day, select All Day
- If this is a recurring event, select the Repeat A dialog will open where you can select the recurring interval (see: recurrence status options).
3. Click the Details tab and enter the following:
- Enter the location for the event.
- Add the event to a specific calendar using the Calendar
- If you want to set a reminder before the event, use the dropdown to choose when you would like to receive the alert. Note: You can add multiple alerts for each event.
- Enter a description for your event in the Notes This description will be sent to attendees as an email.
4. Click the Attendees tab and complete the following:
- Invite people to your event by adding their email address in the Add Attendees
- Select the Required checkbox if applicable. Note: If any conflicts exist, they are displayed below the Attendees
- To view conflict details, click View details.
- To avoid conflicts, you can select the Next Available Time.
- To remove an attendee from the event, click the X next to their name.
5. Click Save.