1. Sign up for GA with your Google Account. If you don't have a Google account, create one by choosing the Sign Up Now link.
2. On signing in at GA, you'll be prompted to provide the following general information:
- Website URL: Insert here the domain of your site.
- Account Name: The website name displayed in your Google Analytics reports and dashboard.
In Contact Information, list your name and location. In the next step check the confirmation box to agree with the terms and conditions, and then press Create Account button.
3. You'll be directed to the Add Tracking step. You DO NOT need to copy this snippet. Click Save & Finish, and you will be directed back to the Overview of your account. From your account Overview, you will be able to view the Web Property ID for the site (highlighted in Red). Copy this Web Property ID to add to your site.
Add the Web Property ID to your website following these steps:
- Log in to your site and access Control Panel > Site Properties.
- In Site Properties, scroll down to Special Features and click Show Options.
- Choose Google Analytics from the Site Statistics dropdown menu.
- Paste the Web Property ID into its field and click Update.
- You will now be able to access and login to your Google Analytics account through your Control Panel > Site Statistics.
4. Inside your GA account, under the Status column, you will see the verification status of your site. It will appear as Unknown () until GA has detected the tracking code you placed on your site. Within 24h the tracking code should be detected and your Status column should display Receiving Data ().
All hits to your website will now be displayed inside your GA interface. You may access the complete statistics report in the dashboard view by selecting your website from View Reports dropdown.
Find more details on monitoring your statistics and using the reports at