There are different types of Address Books. You can created your own, be subscribed to other books or create groups.
- Groups: are used to sort and manage your contacts for easy reference. You can create groups for such contacts as “Friends”, “Coworkers”, “Family”, etc.
- Address Books: are used to create email lists, which can be shared across the domain. Once a contact list is shared, others can subscribe and view the contents of your shared list.
To create a new Address Book:
- Select the Add icon.
- Select Save.
- Once the address book has been saved, it will appear under the address books sub-menu. Click on the title to edit sharing and permissions.
(Shared Address Books: are email lists that you have created and made public. Once an address book is made public, others can subscribe and view the details of the list.)
- To share your address book, click the drop-down under "Share with all domain users" to choose form a list of options.
- You can also share with specific users and assign specific permissions to each user you add separately.
This feature can be toggled on or off when editing a contact. You cannot remove a shared contact that has not been added by you.